Saturday 24 October 2015

Pepsi ice-candy


Pepsi ice-candy


                                      These frozen drinks in a tube like pouches were our life saver in summer during childhood. Without this, our summer vacation could not be a summer vacation. These were sold at 50 paise per unit. They are made up of artificial colour and artificial flavouring & then  freezing it. These were the source of relief from the heat of summer. They come in many flavours such as green mango, orange, lemon, cola, kala khatta etc. but we use to say like "I want the red one", "I'll take the orange one".

                                           Those hot afternoons when I use to be hidden in my room just because my mom won't allow going out. And when I try to go in sun making an excuse of hide-n-seek but actually have to buy a few ice-candies from local vendor, mom would catch me and make me sleep in front of the air-cooler so that I won't catch fever due to hot winds blowing on the streets. At that time, I use to feel irritated as my noon, that could've been lot of fun, was spoiled, but now I miss that care, that scoldings for good. Mom used to tell me "don't have these frozen stuff right after coming from sun". So, I use to wait, cool myself down sitting in front of cooler. Then enjoy my pepsi one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment